2023 SEOTY Nomination for Mores/Community Service Category
Thank you for taking the time to recognize and honor an FSU student employee for the Community Service Category. You can nominate Federal Work-Study students, OPS/part-time students, interns, research assistants, volunteers, etc.
Mores Award – Community Service Category: Community service is work performed by a person or group of people for the benefit and betterment of their community without any form of compensation. Think of how the Nominee’s work makes an impact on the university level and/or beyond the university community or how the nominee makes a distinctive contribution to the community with their work and how their work will continue to inspire others to continue serving the community.
Please make sure to incorporate in your nomination letter the following:
- How does the student impact the community on a large scale through their daily work? Are they working on a specific project or working with a specific population?
- How does the student expand on the job role in a positive way? What specific pieces are helping to contribute to their lifelong impact?
- How does the student take initiative to recruit others? Do they help with information sessions or other events?
To nominate a student for consideration, please log in using your FSUID and click on on "Apply" to complete your nomination.
- Mores Award (Community Service Category) I $200 scholarship
- All students nominated will be considered for the Tony DiBenedetto Student Employee of the Year Award I $500 scholarship
Faculty and Staff at FSU are encouraged to nominate undergraduate and graduate student employees (they do not need to report to you).To be eligible for consideration, nominees must be:
- Degree-seeking FSU students currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Undergraduate or graduate students employed as Student Assistants, Federal Work-Study, Student Interns, Student Ambassadors, or Graduate/Teaching/Research Assistants
- Employed by FSU for a minimum of 3 months at the time of nomination
- In good academic standing at either FSU Tallahassee, Panama City & the Republic of Panama campus.
Questions? Contact Jonathan “JJ” Jerez at firstname.lastname@example.org, 850-644-2442, or visit http://career.fsu.edu/Faculty/SEOTY.