2023 SEOTY Nomination for Spark/Technology & Innovation Category
Thank you for taking the time to recognize and honor an FSU student employee for the Technology & Innovation Category. You can nominate Federal Work-Study students, OPS/part-time students, interns, research assistants, volunteers, etc.
Spark Award – Technology & Innovation Category: In any work environment, it is integral for an employee to understand and leverage technologies ethically to enhance efficiency, complete tasks, and accomplish goals. Think of ways your nominee utilizes technology to support their work. How has the nominee demonstrated a great work ethic utilizing technologies to support or exceed in performing their work responsibilities?
Please make sure to incorporate in your nomination letter the following:
- How does the student employee use technology to improve the efficiency & productivity of their work or the work of others?
- How does the student employee manage technology to integrate information to support relevant, effective & timely decision-making?
- Include examples of how the student employee develops useful ideas that are new, better, or unique.
To nominate a student for consideration, please log in using your FSUID and click on on "Apply" to complete your nomination.
- Spark Award (Technology & Innovation Category) I $200 scholarship
- All students nominated will be considered for the Tony DiBenedetto Student Employee of the Year Award I $500 scholarship
Faculty and Staff at FSU are encouraged to nominate undergraduate and graduate student employees (they do not need to report to you).To be eligible for consideration, nominees must be:
- Degree-seeking FSU students currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Undergraduate or graduate students employed as Student Assistants, Federal Work-Study, Student Interns, Student Ambassadors, or Graduate/Teaching/Research Assistants
- Employed by FSU for a minimum of 3 months at the time of nomination
- In good academic standing at either FSU Tallahassee, Panama City & the Republic of Panama campus.
Questions? Contact Jonathan “JJ” Jerez at firstname.lastname@example.org, 850-644-2442, or visit http://career.fsu.edu/Faculty/SEOTY.