2023 SEOTY Nomination for Torch/Diversity & Inclusion Category
Thank you for taking the time to recognize and honor an FSU student employee for the Diversity & Inclusion Category. You can nominate Federal Work-Study students, OPS/part-time students, interns, research assistants, volunteers, etc.
Torch Award – Diversity & Inclusion: Cultural fluency is an integral part of any position, especially when working with individuals with different backgrounds, values, and ideas.
Please make sure to incorporate in your nomination letter the following:
- How the Nominee demonstrates empathy and compassion for others in their work. How does the Nominee’s work highlight the importance on the ongoing commitment to Diversity & Inclusion efforts?
- Instances the Nominee was empathetic and compassionate when working with others whether/the Nominee has been receptive to new ideas.
- Specific projects the Nominee has engaged in to help promote diversity (either both on campus or within the community)
- If the student has demonstrated a willingness to examine their own biases, assumptions, and attitudes through their work
To nominate a student for consideration, please log in using your FSUID and click on on "Apply" to complete your nomination.
- Torch Award (Diversity & Inclusion Category) I $200 scholarship
- All students nominated will be considered for the Tony DiBenedetto Student Employee of the Year Award I $500 scholarship
Faculty and Staff at FSU are encouraged to nominate undergraduate and graduate student employees (they do not need to report to you). To be eligible for consideration, nominees must be:
- Degree-seeking FSU students currently enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours
- Undergraduate or graduate students employed as Student Assistants, Federal Work-Study, Student Interns, Student Ambassadors, or Graduate/Teaching/Research Assistants
- Employed by FSU for a minimum of 3 months at the time of nomination
- In good academic standing at either FSU Tallahassee, Panama City & the Republic of Panama campus.
Questions? Contact Jonathan “JJ” Jerez at email@example.com, 850-644-2442, or visit http://career.fsu.edu/Faculty/SEOTY.